“Where there is no vision, the people perish” (Proverbs 29:18)
“And the LORD answered me, and said, Write the vision, and make it plain upon tables, that he may run that readeth it. For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tarry, wait for it; because it will surely come, it will not tarry” (Habakkuk 2:2-3)
God has made it very clear in His Word that without a vision (a dream, a revelation) His people, you and me, will perish – lose our way, get out of control. Yet so many believers sit in “church” (we are the church) for up to forty years without having a clue as to God’s will and purpose for their lives. They have no vision, which can only come, not by just going to “church”, but by having a relationship with God through prayer, praise, and feeding on His Word.
To begin with, the Great Commission, “Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature” (Mark 16:15), is for every one who believes in Jesus Christ our Lord. We are commissioned to spread the Gospel of Jesus Christ, and that in itself should be a vision for all who truly believe. Religion would have us believe that all we have to do is become a member of a “church”, attend “church” regularly, faithfully pay our tithes and offerings, observe various rituals and doctrines (some of which do not line up with the Word of God), sit back and be a spectator in the Kingdom of God. That is so far from the truth.
The truth is that each and every true believer is called by God to a specific assignment. There is a job in the Kingdom of God for each person in the body of Christ that no one else can do. We are all “designer originals”. Just as different parts of our bodies have specific functions, so are we in the body of Christ. Every function is important for its optimum operation, and the whole is as strong as its weakest part.
If we take time to listen and observe, we will find that God has put a vision in every believer’s heart. We are expected to fulfill, to walk in that vision.
Write it down.
Make it clear – be specific.
So that whoever reads it can run to tell others.
It is for an appointed time.
It will surely come true.
It may seem like a long time, but be patient and wait for it.
It will not be delayed.
Glory to God! Hallelujah!
So Beloved believers, my question for you is:
- What is the dream, the vision that God has laid on your heart?
- What is it that you love to do, and do exceptionally well – that you know in your heart is a gift from God?
- Where do you see yourself in the body of Christ six months,a year from now?
- What is the dream for your family, your spouse, your children according to the will of God – The Word of God?
- How do you see yourself edifying the body of Christ?
- What about lost souls? Do you have a burden for them?
- What is your role in spreading the Gospel of Jesus Christ?
We have been asleep for too long. It’s time for all true believers to rise up and fulfill their destiny.
- Write that vision down.
- Take action that will move you towards it.
- Review it every six months or so.
- Expand or edit it as you go along, if necessary.
- Distractions will come, but you will get back on your path.
- It will surely come to pass.
- It will not be delayed.
- It will not lie.
- God cannot lie.
Praise the Lord!
Go for it in Jesus’ name! Hallelujah!