“Death and life are in the power of the tongue: and they that love it shall eat the fruit thereof”(Proverbs 18:21)
“I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing: therefore choose life, that both thou and thy seed may live” (Deuteronomy 30:19)
Our words have power! There is absolutely no doubt about that! God spoke you, me, and this world into existence. He tells us in His Word that we have the power to speak life or death, blessing or cursing into our lives, that of our children, those around us, and into our circumstances. God gave us a choice between life and death, blessings and curses, and in His Wisdom, He tells us to choose life that we and our descendants may live. Glory to God!
So then, why are we, as believers, live with sickness and disease in our bodies? Why do we live in lack, worry and fear about tomorrow? Is that God’s plan for our lives? I think not! God says in Jeremiah 29:11(NLT) “For I know the plans I have for you … They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.” He gave us “all things that pertain to life and godliness”(2 Peter 1:3).
Our problem is with our tongue, “a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do. A tiny spark can set a great forest on fire. And the tongue is a flame of fire. It is full of wickedness that can ruin your whole life. It can turn the entire course of your life into a blazing flame of destruction, for it is set on fire by hell itself”(James 3:5-6 NLT).The words that we send forth out of our mouths oftentimes dictates the circumstances and conditions in which we live. We have what we say. It becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy and we see a manifestation of our words in our lives.
Now, how do we speak life into our lives?
“Speak the Word only” (Matthew 8:8)
“This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success” (Joshua 1:8)
“For verily I say unto you, That whosoever shall say(emphasis added) unto this mountain, Be thou removed, and be thou cast into the sea; and shall not doubt in his heart, but shall believe that those things which he saith (emphasis added) shall come to pass; he shall have whatsoever he saith (emphasis added).”
God want us to speak only what He says about us – who we are in Christ, what we can do in Christ, and what we can have in Christ. He wants us to call “those things which be not as though they were”(Romans 4:17). He wants us to prophesy good things over our lives, our children and our future. Our feelings – they don’t matter! For “we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal” (2 Corinthians 4:18).
Why not start prophesying today!
- I declare that I am blessed with God’s supernatural wisdom, and I have clear direction for my life.
- I declare that I am blessed with creativity, with courage, with ability, and with abundance.
- I declare that I am blessed with a strong will and with self-control and self-discipline.
- I declare that I am blessed with a great family, with good friends, with good health, and with faith, favor and fulfillment.
- I declare that I am blessed with success, with supernatural strength, with promotion, and with divine protection.
- I declare that I am blessed with an obedient heart and with a positive outlook on life.
- I declare that any curse that has ever been spoken over me, any negative evil word that has ever come against me, is broken right now.
- I declare that I am blessed in the city. I am blessed in the country. I am blessed when I go in. I am blessed when I come out.
- I declare that everything I put my hands to do will prosper and succeed.
- I declare that I am blessed!
(“Your Best Life Now ” by Joel Osteen)
Heavenly Father, set a guard, O Lord, over my mouth and keep watch over the door of my lips in Jesus’ Name. Amen! (Psalm 141:3)